Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My Ford series iii AU wagon suddenly wont start ...took the…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl...

Hi Pearl my Ford series iii AU wagon suddenly wont start ...took the dog to the park...started good went on to IGA stoped in the carpark, came out car wont start ???Engine turns over real quick..no battery problems ..tried and tried again to no avail. Its an automatic and i eventually pulled it home. Please can you help ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
2/27/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a fault with the fuel pump itself.I have seen the fuel pump act up like this here before on several models and fail suddenly needing replaced.I would have the fuel pressure tested to see if it is low or no pressure at all.If you have the correct pressure one other common component that can act up and cause an issue like this here is the crank position sensor itself.Most engines now use a crank sensor that tells the computer and ignition components what position the crank is at so the ignition and fuel injectors can operate properly.If fuel pressure is o.k. I would have the fault codes checked to see if any codes are set.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here.A scan tool plugged into your vehicle can be used to monitor the engine rpm signal.If there is no rpm signal when cranking over the engine this can indicate a faulty crank sensor needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete