Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Randell, my problem is the immobiliser i went to the local…

Customer Question
My problem is the...

My problem is the immobiliser i went to the local kia dealer to have a new remote linked up but they told me it was the immobilisers problem but i can override the immobiliser with a code can the immobiliser be removed

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
2/25/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately in most cases the immobilizer itself cannot be bypassed.The fault with it has to be repaired in order to correct this here which usually requires replacement of the component that has failed.I dont see a manual way to bypass this here myself unfortunately.You can check with local repair facilities in your area to see if they know a way to bypass this but most likely it cannot be bypassed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

thanks I thought this might be the case guess i'll just bite the bullet and send it in to get fixed
thanks

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.Thanks Pete