sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a sony stereo system with 6 cd turn table a we have a

Customer Question

I have a sony stereo system with 6 cd turn table a we have a cd stuck in it it is trying to open but cant. Be glad of any help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: After the cd I was playing finished the try started to open, which in it self was different it has not done that before, I have had to press the open button. I cannot see where the cd is either I have looked in the slot with a torch.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Auto Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $24 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Whether it's an in dash CD changer or an external unit, it will require removal and disassembly of the unit to get discs out. There usually aren't any instructions for something like this because they aren't field serviceable components, but if you can give me the model of the CD changer I can try to locate some information to help.