Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is con and I got a 2004 lancer GS just wondering how…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** I got a 2004 lancer GS just wondering how to reset my key fob coz I believe the immobiliser has gone into. Theft mode . thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The car turns over but won't start . the key fell apart as u went to start it so it started for about 5 seconds and now I put key back together it won't start the immobiliser won't turn off

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
2/21/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key blade or the remote part then try and start the vehicle.If this does not work most likely the key itself will need replaced as it may not be sending the signal the vehicle needs to allow it to start.I have seen several keys fail due to this issue here.I dont see a manual way myself to reset the system for this model here.Usually this has to be done by a dealer with their scan tool/computer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete