Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Holden CalaisV 2011 VE 6 litre Automatic and when I…

Customer Question
I have a Holden CalaisV...
I have a Holden CalaisV 2011 VE 6 litre Automatic and when I put it in Reverse when cold first start in the morning I get a loud rumbling noise, if I put it into neutral or drive no noise.
once the engine warms up you can put it in reverse and there is no noise. The noise has not affected the the selection of any gears.
What would you think could be causing this noise?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
2/18/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Gary, Australia Car Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Australia Car Mechanic

Hi Charlie,

In a VE V8, the centre muffler rumbles on start up, very common, especially if the muffler has had some impact.

It is the whole centre assembly from after the cat convertors to the rear mufflers.

It is a 2 in 2 out resonator which some muffler shops can replace.

The whole assembly is about $900 plus fitting from Holden.

Gary

Hi Gary,Ok Thanks, ***** ***** check it out.Charlie

Hi Charlie,

When I've had this noise in a customers car, I do this:

LEFT foot on brake, handbrake on, drivers door open, lean over to look under car while still seated, left hand on shifter, start engine, select reverse, then you hear the noise from the muffler.

Gary

Hi Charlie,

How have you gone with your problem noise?

I hope I am correct for you.

Regards

Gary