Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Not a mechanic. Just trying to find out how to get to the…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I'm Susie...

Hi Pearl, I'm Susie, so not a mechanic. Just trying to find out how to get to the distributor cap in a 1997 Tarago. Would I need to get through the coverings underneath or is there an easier way from under the seat?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.

Toyota

Mechanic's Assistant: Got it. What model and year?

1997 Toyota Tarago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Well hoping to have some idea of the difficulty involved therefore the expense expected. Basically so I don't look completely ignorant (as I actually am hehe)

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Mechanic should know about your Toyota?

I think it's just water in the distributor cap. But I am blonde/grey.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
2/16/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Accessing the distributor is pretty tight and usually done from covering underneath, the seat access really dose not give you the room you need. I would leave this repair up to a qualified repair shop which can usually do it for you with about an hour of labor.