Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Peugeot 308 xs auto. The firist
, the year is…

Customer Question
Hi Mike .I have...

Hi Mike .I have a Peugeot 308 xs auto. The firist

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The year is a 2010. first problem was the engine was running hotter than normal and so had the radiator extra cleaned .They found it was 10 percent blocked. This fixed the temperature problem but shortly after the heater and the air-conditioning have stopped working .The blower is working fine.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
2/14/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a single issue causing the loss of both hot and cold air or it could be two separate problems. If the blend door in the heater box isn't moving then you won't be able to control temperature, which would cause the perceived loss of a/c and heat.

Does the a/c compressor engage and do the lines get cold?

Did you lose heat and a/c at exactly the same time?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician