Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2003 A4 cabriolet has developed a problem with the soft…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, my 2003...

Hi Pearl, my 2003 A4 cabriolet has developed a problem with the soft top - I cannot open it using the power button...I have manually done open-close cycle but the 'reset' has not worked...when I use the power button there is an icon showing on the display screen but no sound of hydraulics...nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Audi. The Audi Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I( want to try myself if not too complicated...yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Audi Mechanic should know about your Audi?

Well, the soft top was just fine when before I travelled 2000km across country...then the hood partially opened...then nothing at all...no, nothing else important comes to mind.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
2/12/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi I'm Kevin first a couple of questions does roof unlatch on its own ? Can you hear motor running when bottom depressed it's behind right hand rear lamp unit ?

Hi Kevin,
Does roof unlatch on its own..??..No, not anymore. Last week the top opened partially when the auto button (above cigarette lighter) was depressed...there is no response now...
Can you hear motor running..??..it is 10:30 at night and I am unable to check the car until the morning...I will write you again then...
Regards,
Stanislaw

Thanks il wait for your response