Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Nissan/Datsun Xterra SE: mike

Customer Question

hi mike
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, you need to check for 12v at the battery, clean and tight battery cable connections, and if ok, check for power to the ignition switch and out of the ignition switch. If ok, check for power to the starter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we have checked. Everything is ok. What i notice is that there was no clicking sound from the car when i inserted the key into the ignition cylinder as it use to be. secondly, the head light will suddenly come up as I want to crank it.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Ok, so do you have power to the starter with key in crank position
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. The car is not just starting. What really happened was that I had to burnt AC fan and tried to change it, since then the car refuse to crank and start. It could not link up the OBD II machine to even diagnose the problem too.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Ok, I need to pull some wiring schematics. I will need the 17 digit vin number so that I can do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Eric,

The VIN is : 5N1AN08W45C619975.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,Was there any melted wiring or issues with blown fuses when the ac fan burnt up. Right now, going thru all the wiring schematics, I am not seeing an immediate correlation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. There was a melted wire which was replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am still waiting pls.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Eric,

I am still waiting for your response pls