Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

I tried to start my 1999 rvr exceed with jumper cables. The…

Customer Question
I tried to start my...
I tried to start my 1999 rvr exceed with jumper cables. The radio fuse blew and has been replaced. The clock and fuel guage are not working and l cant locate a fuse for them. Also, the fuel pump appears not to work either. I have no idea where to find the relay for this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
2/8/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any info on any fuses for these here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may be able to help may not be online.I would check all fuses at all fuse panels to see if any issues are found.If any fuses are found blown the affected fuses need replaced.If these are all found to be o.k. in all fuse panels there is a chance that one or more control units/ecu's have shorted out internally needing replaced to correct this fault here as I have seen several control units short out internally before in the past from a voltage spike from the jump start and needed replaced.This would have to be tested further to be sure of the component at fault and then replaced from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

What l really need to know is, where the relay(s) for the fuel pumps are located in the vehicle. I have read posts in different forums and understand that in an older model one is located behind the centre console, not the case in my vehicle. I want to isolate the relays as a problem before l go dropping the tank to get at the fuel pumps.

Unfortunately my info does not show the location of these here.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further with this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

You havent been much help. Ive removed the fuel pump and fuel gauge from the tank and both have tested ok. So lm back to the relay(s) as the problem. There must be someone who knows where the fuel pump relays are. Remember that one of the main symptoms is the fuel gauge on the dash is not working and neither is the digital clock.