Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I installed a snorkle in my 2011 d4d lux and now I notice

Customer Question
Hi I installed a snorkle...
Hi I installed a snorkle in my 2011 d4d hilux and now I notice that I am lacking power
Regards rob
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
2/7/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The lack of power may be due to something such as a sensor left unplugged or there may be an intake restriction now and the engine isn't able to ingest the air it needs. This may be due to installation error or the design of what you installed.

Are there any warning lights on and have you checked for fault codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No warning lights or codes showing we had the old air filter at the same time as in stslling the snorkel

What was the brand and model/part number of what you installed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mate it was hilux snorkel and a donaldson air filter i dont have the part numbers on me it is 3 am here in Queensland

Can you get me the part number so I can see what you're dealing with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry i am 400 klm away from the car and wont get back till 4 pm today.
What if i pull the air filter out and drive it a short way and see if there is a deference in power at lest that will narrow it down .

I would recommend going back to the normal configuration and see if power returns.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry about this do you know what a snorkel is .
Can i please ask where yiu are thanks

I am in the US and yes, I know what a snorkel is.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All good thanks

You're welcome.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician