Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Will a 2001 well body Ford F-250 cab chassis fit a 1997 Ford…

Customer Question
Will a 2001 well body...
Will a 2001 well body for a Ford F-250 cab chassis fit a 1997 Ford F-250 cab chassis
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
2/2/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted the answer to your question on this here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain on a question like this here.I dont know for sure myself if this will fit.In some cases you can contact an auto repair center that does vehicle modifying or a body shop and they may be able to look up the body dimensions to see if this will work here.If this is not an option for you here or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete,
Thanks for a response. I think I'll have to go it alone. You tried but you haven't helped.
Regards,
David.

Your welcome.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete
Yes I would like you to open it up for other responses. The well body is in a farm some distance from me and I would prefer to know before I invest time and money to retrieve something that may be useless for this project.
Cheers,
David.

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

AU Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Different expert here. There was a change in the body as far as frame, cab and bed dimensions, in 2000, so the 2001 will not fit a 1997 without heavy modifications. You need to stick with 96-99 models for a straight swap

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.