Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 sportivo. when the ignition key failed to start the…

Customer Question
2006 sportivo. when the...
2006 sportivo. when the ignition key failed to start the engine I put it down to
flat battery. There was no response for radio etc. Was on charger all day but
same result. There is loud fast clicking sound seems to be near throttle or accelerator.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
1/29/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would have the battery tested to see if there is an internal fault with the battery itself.In some cases a faulty battery will cause this here.I would also have the battery cables checked for any damage or corrosion needing repaired or corrected.If this is all found to be o.k. the starter needs tested to see if this is due to a faulty starter needing replaced.I have seen all of these cause this fault here needing corrected to resolve this issue.If these have all already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete