Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Could you please tell me how to replace fuel pump in 1998…

Customer Question
could you please tell me...
could you please tell me how to replace fuel pump in 1998 ford festiva
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
1/28/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The pump is in the fuel tank, so the tank needs to be drained and dropped to access the pump. You will remove the seal ring to get to the pump.

Thanks, Ron