Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I'm ***** *****
, I have a 3.0 a4 b6 (2002) quattro.

Customer Question

Hi I'm ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 3.0 a4 b6 (2002) quattro. After an oil change it was stuck in park. Removed fuse 31 and could shift. The solenoid is fine. Have replaced the brake switch. no change. So disengaged the solenoid lever and can shift. I then noticed that the PRNDS indicator on the dash was "flickering" rapidly from the drive mode to tiptronoc mode. It is shifting OK but occasionally down shifting a gear then return to normal after a few seconds. (still flickering though. S port mode won't change out of the gear you are in when you select sport.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Audi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I've also changed the curciut board under the shifter. no success.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set with this issue here using a scan tool that can communicate with all computers?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a tiptronic codes P1754 and P1755
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you re check these code numbers as my info isnt listing these codes here for this model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I've had all theseP1753
Tiptronic Switch (F189), Implausible SignalP1754
Tiptronic Switch up (F189), Open Circuit / Signal to B+P1755
Tiptronic Switch down (F189), Open Circuit / Signal to B+
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,being a model from Australia my US info isnt listing these codes here unfortunately.I dont want to give out the incorrect info on this here so if it is o.k. with you I would like to opt out on this to see if anyone else here can assist further.Let me know if this is o.k. with you.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete