Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a SAAB 93 TiD sedan, 2005 model, done 153000km. Its

Customer Question

I have a SAAB 93 TiD sedan, 2005 model, done 153000km. Its transmission has been troublesome for a while. When accelerating, it does not go through the gear changes - after 2nd or third gear the engine races ahead and when slowed down engages fear with a thud. I can drive in manual mode but have to be careful not to accelerate too hard.
One technician said it looks like wear and tear (is it callipers or clutch?). The SAAB computer check does not show any fault.
Can this be rectified without changing the whole gear box?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal mechanical fault in the gear box itself.Usually worn components like clutches or bands will cause this type of fault here with the worn components needing replaced.The gear box will need to come out to be taken apart for inspection and repair or removed and replaced to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Makes sense.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete