Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

My Daughter has a Nissan Tiida ST 4 door sedan 1.8L C11

Customer Question
2008. The fuel gauge...
My Daughter has a Nissan Tiida ST 4 door sedan 1.8L C11 2008. The fuel gauge does not register how much fuel is left. Can you buy the fuel sender separately or do you have to purchase the whole fuel assembly. And the cruise control doesnt work either. She has had the car just over 12 months and her Warranty Company claims that neither is classed as a warranty job.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
1/13/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I'm not showing that particular one as being separate, but you should call your local parts store or dealer parts department to confirm that. I personally would replace the pump too with the sender just because I wouldn't want to have to do that job twice.

Thanks, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor