Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I have a 2006 PT Cruiser VIN 1A8F4N8B96T221629. The horn and

Customer Question
the four way flashers do...
I have a 2006 PT Cruiser VIN 1A8F4N8B96T221629. The horn and the four way flashers do not work. None of the 37 fuses in the under hood fuse box mention either of thses items. Where are the fuses for the horn and Flasher?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Car
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can see that Fuse 23 is supposed to cover the horn. If that doesn't fix it I am to check relay 64. Where do I find relay 64?
1/11/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern. Let me look at the schematic and get back to you.

first do you hear any kind of clicking noise when you press the horn pad? Do the flashers do anything? light up once? steady on?

Is there anything else not working? chime? key in buzzer?4

has there been any kind of work done to the vehicle recently?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bought the vehicle two months ago and the horn and flashers have never worked since. No work recently.
No click...no flash....nothing at all
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Key in buzzer works but no chimes, thank goodness
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you are in Australia
My mobile is(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The VIN shows this is an unusual model. It was built Dec 2005. It is a GT but has no turbo.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh, I did plug the diagnostic kit in about a month or so because the check engine light came on. It said it was the cam sensor. The light comes on every so often and goes out on its own.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The diagnostic checker did not show a problem with the horn or flashers.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Notice from the VIN it was not built in Mexico

sorry I'm not in Australia. I'm set up to do phone calls.

the horn relay is located in the TIPM which is the main fuse relay center under the hood. I'm having a difficult time find a picture of the exact location of the relay but it should say it on the back side of the cover.

check all the inputs and out puts to the relay.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will take a picture tomorrow when it is light of the inside of my TiPM and see if you can spot a relay. On this model there is no writing on the outside of the box.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You see it is the relay I am having trouble finding. Are you sure that this model even has one? I have been searching for hours
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I send you a photo?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Maybe I have the wrong box as TiPM. Can you tell me where to locate it? I have opened a fuse box immediately behind the air cleaner.

with it being a Mexico model and unusual who knows, you can up load a photo right on the thread here and I can open it and look at it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is my TIPM I think. No relays in there. Or are there?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still trying to help me?

you are correct I don't see any relays on top just feeds for relays. that means the relays are internal in the unit and if there is an issue the entire TPIM has to be replaced,

it is going to be difficult to diagnose this system over the computer.. I will provide you a wiring diagram closest to your model and you will have to check several points along the path to determine where the voltage is lost

1. Check for voltage on the Dark Green/Violet wire at pin 19 of the C7 connector at the Integrated Power Module (IPM).

2. If no voltage, either a bad Front Control Module (FCM) or an open internal circuit in the IPM.

3. If voltage is present, remove the FCM and check pin 10 on the FCM to IPM connector for 12 volts.

4. Ground pin 10 to see if the horn works.

5. If no voltage on pin 10, the internal circuit in the IPM is open.

6. If no circuit problems are found, the FCM is faulty.

click this link

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is the link supposed to be the wiring diagram? I have taken a screenshot of all that comes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now the car won't start. It just winds over and over... What can be wrong. It drove fine to the spot where I started checking fuses and looking for relays.

might be a chance you installed a fuse or relay in the wrong spot. hopefully you took a picture of the panel before you removed fuses.

The FCM and the IPM are one and the same. they are integrated in the fuse panel, so if it is faulty the whole fuse panel would have to be replaced.

try this link

I set you the email

researching the flashers a little more, according to what I have read the flashers are controlled by a electronic circuit board built into the instrument cluster. The flashes are computer generated. Not much information about checking it. I can try to find a wiring diagram for that system as well.

Curtis
Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic