Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have lost the only key to my 2001 Prato I still have the

Customer Question

Hi Chris I have lost the only key to my 2001 Prato I still have the remote to open the central locks
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You will most likely need to visit a dealer to see if they can order you in a new replacement key using your vehicle identification number as well as a photo ID.Usually they can order in or cut you a replacement key to fit your vehicle.It may also need to be programmed by the dealer in order to operate properly with your vehicle at the dealer as well in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete