Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Stopped XG PV to fill withe fuel and now it won't start.

Customer Question

Hi Scott, stopped XG PV to fill withe fuel and now it won't start. Smart lock light flashed 3 times and now flashes quickly and constantly. Have read about leaving ignition on and waiting 39 mins. Tried this but still no joy. It has been raining heavily for 3 days here, could that be an issue? Alan, Sydney
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like the immobilizer itself has failed suddenly after it sounds like it was acting up intermittently at first or the key itself has failed to where the immobilizer itself is not recognizing it.These are the most common causes for the fault you have described here as I have had to replace several times before.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set and then from there the codes can be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This will require a scan tool or computer that is compatible with your vehicle to be plugged into your vehicle to read out these codes for diagnosis and repair.

It is possible the rain/humidity is causing an electrical connection or electrical component/ecu failure as well as humidity/moisture will cause this here.Having the fault codes checked will help pinpoint if there is an issue with the key or immobilizer or possibly a fault with a connection or internal fault in an ecu involved with the theft/security system.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete, it seems patience was my main problem. The immobiliser has reset and I am once again mobile. I will however take your advice and have the system diagnosed for possible faults. Thanks for you help. Alan
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.It may act up again so it is a good idea to have it looked into to locate and repair the fault.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete