Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

Need timing chain marks a3 2.0t 2005 model, engine code axx.

Customer Question
need timing chain marks for...
need timing chain marks for audi a3 2.0t 2005 model, engine code axx. thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
1/5/2016
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has replied here with any timing marks on this model.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that may have or can get this info may not be online.If you can I would speak with a repair facility or dealer to see if they can tell you for sure on the timing marks on this model here.In some cases they may charge a small fee for this info.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi
The dealer will not provide me with a copy. Is there a way that you can get a hold of one?

Unfortunately my info doesnt cover this model here myself.Someone else here may have the info you need on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

AU Auto Mechanic: gomi_otaku, Technician replied 2 years ago
gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician

Have you looked at your engine to try to find the marks? Does your timing belt have a one-piece or two-piece upper cover over it? The vibration damper will have a notch cut into the back ridge (the ridge closest to the timing cover) and there will be a mark at the 12 o'clock point, i like to put a little red or white paint on both of these marks to make it easy to see when i don't have good lighting.

The cam gear will have a notch at the front of one of the teeth, this will line up with an arrow mark at about 1 o'clock on the backing plate of the valve cover behind the cam gear.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have paid for two months of membership, and have asked two questions. None of the answers that were given have helped with my problem. I would like to cancel my subscription and get a refund please.
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 1 year ago

I apologize and will send this to customer service for a refund.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician