Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

2007 d40 turbo deisel 138000 klms no noises or rattles or

Customer Question

2007 d40 turbo deisel 138000 klms no noises or rattles or smoke or any thing peculiar ...driving on the beach in Australia... And suddenly its as though someone's has pulled the turbo out ...no induction noise through the snorkel.. No flutter noise on back off ...no turbo whine ...and power has been halved ... Not limp mode ...just feels like turbo has stopped ..
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If any warning lights have come on with this issue here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes checked with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This may be an issue with the turbo itself needing replaced or a solenoid or actuator at fault.Having the fault codes checked will help locate the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete