Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

I'm ***** *****. I have a reverse camera with 3 cables -

Customer Question
Customer: Hi, I'm ***** *****...
Customer: Hi, I'm ***** *****. I have a reverse camera with 3 cables - red, black, and yellow (the power for the camera is running off the reverse light). Which of these cables should I be putting where?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an Australian Mitsubishi Lancer VRX 2010, I'm trying to plug the reverse camera into the MMCS, however my cables are different colours to your instructions.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mitsubishi Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm happy to pay if I get the answer I need. How long of a wait?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
This doesn't appear to link back to the article I was reading. This is the one I was talking about: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/superbovine/2011-04-10_152439_capture.jpg
12/29/2015
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Red and Black are usually power and ground and yellow is usually the signal cable but I dont want to say that for sure just yet.If you can tell me the model of the camera and model number I can see if I can look up the camera info for you on this here just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Hi Pete,This is the camera I bought: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261749022895?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITPower is coming via the reverse light. I've tested that the camera is already receiving power when the car is put into reverse, and is providing a video signal (the signal cable had an RCA plug which I plugged into the vehicle's AUX input - however this is not a long term solution, as the vehicle disables the video signal to anything going to the AUX in over about 3km/hr.)
From what I've found out, there should be one cable for signal positive, another for signal negative, and the third (red) for trigger. I just need to know which cable goes into which pin in the connector for the MMCS.

Unfortunately I am unable to locate on how this is wired or suppose to be wired here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician