Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

2002 Nissan Pulsar N16 1.6lt engine, cranking over but wont

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, 2002 Nissan Pulsar N16 1.6lt engine, cranking over but wont start, fuel pump is ok injection pulse is ok, no spark
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There is not much more to say
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

if you have an injection pulse then the ECU has power and then I'd say it must be a fault with the coil earth connection this should be a seperate small earth wire that runs out of the engine wiring loom and is secured to the engne with a ring terminal and a small bolt

also check teh state of the main earth connection between the block and the chassis / battery earth

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpfulplease rate my answer.