Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

D22 in limp mode 06 modle goes great 10 minutes limp mode

Customer Question

d22 in limp mode 06 modle goes great 10 minutes limp mode .it could be many things i suppose but whats the most comon strapped for cash ,.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a fault with a component like the accelerator pedal position sensor itself or an issue with the throttle sensor.There are several things that will cause this as these two are usually most common on most models.The best thing to do this way your not spending money on parts that do not need replaced is to have the fault codes checked by someone or a shop that can plug in their scan tool or their computer to locate what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set can be then diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.

A shop will usually charge about an hours labor to diagnose then the repair cost can vary all depending on what is found to be at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete