Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

2005 optima radio code input. Have selected code on

Customer Question

2005 optima radio code input. Have selected code on screen..what is next step?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have located this procedure on entering the radio code.Try this and see if it works.Since you already have the radio code input it where below it says 0000 or 1111.

1. Press power button & "Test" appears for 5 seconds, and blinks for 5 minutes. If you turn the power button off then back on again within 5 minutes "Code" blinks on the display.
2. enter password ***** the numbered buttons - press button 1 once to let it know it's the first digit, then press button 1 again however many times to bring up the code for the first digit. Press button 2 to let it know it's the second digit, then again however many times....etc. To enter default 0000 or 1111 code, press button 1 twice,, 2 twice, 3 twice then 4 twice.
3. when all four digits entered (default is 0000 or 1111) press SEL button and display should say "GOOD"
4.You get three goes, if still wrong after third attempt "HOLD" then you have to leave it for an hour

If this doesnt work let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete