Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My 06 savvy runs ok then speedo will drop off engine will

Customer Question

My 06 savvy runs ok then speedo will drop off engine will start to miss then after a while it will come good speedo reads again what is the problem
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like the common fault of the vehicle speed sensor itself that sends the vehicle speed to the computers in your vehicle as well as the speedo display.I have seen the speed sensor act up like this here and can be intermittent like this with it needing replaced.I would have this sensor tested as well as the wiring checked/tested to the sensor to see if there is a wiring issue needing repaired or if the sensor itself needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete