Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a gq Nissan patrol cab chassis y60 td42 with a safari

Customer Question

I have a gq Nissan patrol cab chassis y60 td42 with a safari turbo just wondering if a gu 4.2 turbo would fit in the gq?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont recommend it if it isnt one that is made to fit this model here as it may cause boost issues and on some models can even cause engine damage.This all depends on the part number.What you would need to do here is to contact a dealers parts department with your vehicles VIN number and they can check the part numbers that do fit your model and the part number of the turbo for the 4.2 to see if they are compatible at all.My info doesnt show this but usually a dealers parts department can check this at no cost to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete