Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

I have a petrol Landcruiser wagon I was driving it and it

Customer Question

I have a petrol Landcruiser wagon I was driving it and it stopped still had lights on the dash just no power
Left it a minute restarted it and headed for home only got approx 500 metres and it stopped again
Restarted it again and it has no revs and will not idle
What could be the problem
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I'd 1st suggest checking that the fuel pump is running

if you remove the fuel filler cap and then flick the ignition on and you should hear the pump 'buzz' for a second or two

if its runs OK then I'd suggest plumbing in a pressure gauge to the fuel rail and check that your're getting full pressure with a running engine

and if thats OK then check the main battery connections are on tight and have no corrosion and check the main power fuses aren't cracked or corroded

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.