Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My 2005XR6 has a gearbox problem tonight wen I reversed out

Customer Question

My 2005XR6 has a gearbox problem tonight wen I reversed out of drive way and put in to drive it stayed in reverse even in manual mode stayed in reverse now ute won't start because it saying it in reverse any ide wat problem could be please help
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

On some models this can be a fault with the transmission position sensor/switch assembly sending an incorrect signal on what position the transmission is shifted into.When this happens it can display that it is in reverse when it actually isn't and cause this here.I would have this tested further to see if this is the cause with it needing replaced.

If the shifter is moving but still in reverse and the sensor/switch is found o.k. this can be due to an internal mechanical fault in the gear box with it needing removed,inspected and repaired or replaced.I would also check the linkage between the shifter and gear box for any issues needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.