Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

I have a 2012 Vito 110 CDI manual van with 75000 km, used as

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Vito 110 CDI manual van with 75000 km, used as a personal car (never carried any weight) and had all services.
Engine light appeared and the the vehicle requires a Intake port shutoff motor assembly and a Pressure differential sensor. Cost $2000.00. A common fault he says!
Should this be covered under warranty? Or is there a fix for this?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Unfortunately in some cases when the shut off or flap motors fail the intake needs replaced as an assembly.If it is available separately in some cases the intake will need removed to then replace it but usually the intake needs replaced.It can be a common fault and the only way to see if warranty will cover the costs is to have the dealer see if they can good will warranty it or try and contact Mercedes customer support to see if they can push things along to get it covered under warranty or at least help with the costs.The pressure differential sensor can also be a common fault in some cases.

All vehicles have their own little faults and issues and these happen to be some on this model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.