Scott
Scott, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 yrs experience with Aussie, Japanese & British cars
29644491

Further to our conversation yesterday, I have ascertained

Customer Question

Further to our conversation yesterday, I have ascertained that the 2001 Barina XC that we were discussing has had the Key Reader, Dash, ECU, body control module, crankshaft position sensor checked and/or replaced. Yes, the check engine light shows while
mobile. I hope this is included in the payment I made yesterday. Cheers, ***** *****
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Hi there - just seen this addition to the Barina thread.
You'll need the results of a code scan to add light to the issue, given that the 'check engine' light is illuminating. This will help significantly, & I'm surprised that it hasn't been tended to already.
Regarding your payment to JA - I'm not in control of that part of the website - the experts here are qualified third party casuals. There should be a link from your side to the customer section..
Cheers
Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, Scott. I was beginning to think I had been left in the lurch. The trouble is that every thing known to man has been done to this car, and NOTHING seems to work.
Codes before everything was checked - P0301, P20230, P0300, P0303.
After every thing that I told you about yesterday was done the Codes now read B1485, B0460, B2555, B2961, P046.
If you Google Barina XC problems you'll find nearly every one complains of the same thing. I'm hoping someone some where has the Magic Answer.
Cheers, ***** ***** to be a pain in the Butt.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scott, your presentation has been excellent and your comments have been spot on. However, the previous owner of the car has already paid $3,500 on the problem and the original owner paid $2,500 in 2005. I was hoping you could shine some new light on the subject but so far you have told me nothing new. How do I assess that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I have previously said you've made some suggestions but none of them have improved the situation. As soon as the car works properly I will fill out the assessment form.
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Apologies for the late response - remote & off-line..
Indeed, not an easy one. One aspect though - the codes you have there appear to be the results of the use of two different code readers, although they should cross reference.
It needs action on the latter set of codes - it's quite possibly an ECU issue, but I'll leave that to the mechanic in a 'hands on' position to do so..
Yes, let me know how you go, & best of luck..
Scott