Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

R is a 2009 smart, model 45107, sedan 2 seat, engine cap

Customer Question
9.0, any help you can...
r is a 2009 smart, model 45107, sedan 2 seat, engine cap 9.0, any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Kind regards Angeline.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
HI, i forgot to mention that the orange/green ECO dash light sometimes fails to light up on the dash. regards Angeline.
10/23/2015
AU Auto Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi I'm Kevin how can I help what problem do you have ?

Hi Kevin, were you not given my email with the question about my smart car ?

I got info on vehicle no question how can I help?

hi, i have a 2010 smart 451 mhd. it has recently started making strange noises when the engine starts ( and to a lesser extent when it stops). At first i thought it was a problem with the sound system as it sounded like serious popping distortion coming from the speakers but turning the radio off didn't change it. It doesn't always happen. Seems like something in the micro hybrid drive (at times the eco indication light in the dash does not come on), was wondering if this is a common problem that has a fairly simple fix. Car starts and runs fine but the noise makes me worry something is going to happen

Ok first thing to check on these is for damage to alternator belt as the car has an alternator that is also a starter and these belts are use to start the car and are quite common to become damaged .if you look in under engine tray the belt is on the right hand side as you look at back of car .just make sure there is no fraying or cracking on it at all

It looks ok, but it is due mileage wise for replacement. So will get that done and see what happens - will let you know, but might take a while

No worries have multiplug checked on alternator also as they are common for wires to break

hi, well I replaced the belt, however I think now that's not the problem. The noise is becoming more frequent can happen at any time when driving (lasts 1 to 4 seconds) and even when stopped with the motor not running. For example I was sitting in my driveway and turned the ignition on (radio off, didn't start the motor), after about 30 seconds loud vibrationy noise began, lasted 10 seconds, tried turning radio on and off while it was happening to see if that had an effect (didn't seem to). Seems really weird, any thoughts. thanks

Not come across this before il opt out see if any of the other guys have any ideas

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic