Doug
Doug, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Factory trained technician
21364095

How to bypass immobilizer on mitsubishi outlander 2003

Customer Question

Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also ive lost the key when my boat kso have taken back of ignition out and can turn over but wont start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Doug replied 1 year ago.

The factory immobilizer can not be bypassed in any realistic way; to bypass it would require simulating a transponder which is as much work and as much cost or more than just getting a new key programmed.

The immobilizer ecu reads the key ID and compares it against a recorded ID in the ecu and if it matches it allows the injectors to work and so the engine to start. There is no way to remove this from the system since it is hard coded into the ecu. The only way to bypass it is to either get a second key programmed and keep it inside the dash for the system to read or to get a variable RF simulator to simulate the transponder signal and get it programmed and keep it inside the dash.

Since both options are dependent on still needing a factory scan tool to program them, it doesn't really make any sense to not just get the key made and programmed instead and use the system as it is designed unfortunately.

While this can be painfully inconvenient in a situation like this especially if you don't have current access to a dealership without a long tow etc , it is operating the way it was designed and preventing easy starting of the vehicle to make it impossible to start to steal.