How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Your Own Question
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Australia Car
Satisfied Customers: 36068
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
Type Your Australia Car Question Here...
Ron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My old Aunt & Uncle live on a remote property and have a

Customer Question

My old Aunt & Uncle live on a remote property and have a 2010 model GL350CDI W164 and the speedometer has stopped working and as a result they got caught on a Radar Speed Trap.
My Uncle wants to know if I can buy him a new Speedo cable and send to him so he can install it.
I thought I read somewhere, that they were an electronic speedometer. Is it possible that a fuse has blown or a wire has come off, because he drives it over some rough ground on his farm.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your are correct, the speedometer is electronically controlled and does not use a cable. In order to determine why it has failed you are going to need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see what the fault code is that should be setting when its dose not work. Unfortunately unless you have access to a Mercedes scan tool this is something you are not likely going to be able to do for him.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ron, I have advised them to drive it into Rockhampton, there is a Mercedes Dealership there and they should be able to diagnose and fix the problemRegards,
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Your very welcome and thank you as well.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.