Adam Legler
Adam Legler, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  Service Advisor, ASE Master tech, Advanced Level Specialist
87664109

Audi allroad 2.7 am converting my air suspension to non air.

Customer Question

audi allroad 2.7 am converting my air suspension to non air. am using blauparts non air,am stuck as no body has done this conversion,the problem is to get the computor to except the new suspension as the new car an have the same car power wise etc.audi say the computor will probebly except when the no 2 is submitted to the computor, and carnt tell me what will happen if it doesnt ,the new suspension i have is non air replacement and is brand new out of blauparts.is this something you can help me with????i have spent$165,000.00 on new audis, and would expect some help,not the negative help so far because i am fitting non genuine parts to my car,1 i got front and rear replacement parts for half the price of just the left front genuine part.i hope you can help,regards tony.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Adam Legler replied 1 year ago.

Hello tony, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help. I just did a conversion on an allroad in the shop last month, so your question caught my eye. I know I'm in the US and to be honest I'm not sure if this advice will help you, but I bought the bilstein kit which was about $1200us and it came with a small module and instructions on how to splice it in to the air ECU in the boot.

Would it help you if I was able to find more info on this electrical bypass?

If you choose to do nothing I believe the vehicles VSC will be "out to lunch" since it ties into the air suspension.

I look forward to assisting you with your concern and please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Thank you

I've attached 2 files for you. First is a picture of what you need, a company named Arnott makes it and it's called an Electronic Bypass Module. I will call them for you and see if the module can be purchased separately and I'll ask if there are any AU sources. The second file is simply the install manual for the air to conv. Suspension kit. The last 3 pages describe how to install the unit.

I'll send you another reply as soon as I speak with them

Hello again, thank you for your patience. After calling Arnott I have yet to hear back from them on buying the EBM you need apart from the air suspension kit. I will attempt to call tomorrow again and see if I can speak to someone higher up. I did do a quick Google search and could not find anything on purchasing the EBM separately. I am committed to finding a resolution for your concern and again thank you for your patience.