Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Currently having an issue with my MY06 wrx. It stalled on

Customer Question

Hi there, currently having an issue with my MY06 wrx. It stalled on Last Thursday for no apparent reason and wouldn't start again. It started later that night but only ran for 5 mins and then stalled again and wouldn't start. I've had a mobile mechanic look at it today and I've had the battery and crank sensor replaced but still no luck. Mechanic said there was no spark to the leads. My cruise control light is also flashing but no check engine light has come on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One thing you need to check is see if the security lamp stay on or come back on while cranking? If so then this usually means the alarm system is not seeing your key and when this happens it will cause a lack of spark as well as injector pulse. If this is the case, try your spar key and see if it will then start. If it still dose not start the the next step would be to have the computer system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting. Check these things for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.