Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Automotive Engineer for 20 years, BEng hons degree,
12772297

I am removing a 2000 ZD30 from my Patrol and replacing it

Customer Question

hi, i am removing a 2000 ZD30 from my Patrol and replacing it with a 2010 CRD ZD30. In terms of the electrical work do i need to simply change the ECU or does the whole wireing loom need to be changed? Also what does the immobiliser unit look like as i believe this will need to be changed as the 2000 and 2010 transponder unit has a different wiring configuration. Am i able to get away with not replacing the immobiliser unit?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

Hello

I'm sorry to say that this will be a lot of work as not only will you need the wiring loom, you'll also need the security transponder inside the steering column, the instrument pack, the body control module, the relay box and fusebox including the key from the donor vehicle to disarm the security