indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics
29331485

2009 xtrail diesel wont rev over 1500rpm fault code p0611

Customer Question

Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Hi

This is a typical sign of a failed DPF system on the Nissan's with the 2.0L diesel

First you could try and regenerate the system and if this fails i would have the system removed .

You are in the USA so there i have no idea who can do this for you . most likely the dealer will know

but they will first do a forced regeneration with there scan tool which will take around 1/2 hr ..

In Europe they have them professionally removed, but the ECM has to be reprogrammed ,depending on local laws

you can or can't do this .

Check the oil level as you also may find it getting higher as Diesel will be forced into the system after a forced regeneration.

If all fails and you can not have the system removed you will have to replace it .

Please rate my help a good to excellent if you are satisfied .

If not ready to rate don't rate poor or bad service as we can continue to work on this issue or I can opt out and recommend another expert .

After accepting there is no extra charge for further assistance.

If I don't reply soon I will as quickly as I can when i get back on line.

Kind regards Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We are in qld au we tried to regen but will not work. What will cause to only run at 1500rpm. Is the dpf blocked maby?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Hi .

Was afraid this may of happened you have a failed DPF and yes sir the system is blocked and needs removing ,

this is why you are restricted to 1500rpm .

Most probably been regened before a few times ,

Better to have removed will be less stress in the future and run a lot better and have a better MPG .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is involved in removing the DPF will a scan too do the job for the computer side of things? Is there any chance it could be the injectors? Thanks
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

No not injectors but the Fuel injector control module / Performance problem .

which on this system in most cases points towards the DPF system .

as its very rare the Injection control module fails ..

DPF system to be completely removed you have to have the management system reprogrammed with a program for system with out DPF ,you can not just remove the system with out reprogramming or you will go back into limp mode .

DPF map settings are completely removed and the sensor map files are recalibrated to work optimally without the DPF..

I suggest you have a Nissan consult III scan tool to check and verify this issue .

The DPF is part of the exhaust system .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi what would cause the DPF to block up in the first place as the engine was running fine and then droped to 1500rpm. How do we remap the ecu? Can the DPF be removed and cleaned out?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Hi .

Click here for an insight on the DPF system please click here .

Remapping ? you will have to check at your dealers ,or local garage ,here in the UK there a many shops that do this .

Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi we spent most of the day on this project and still no luck. Had just about all the sensors out. The dpf dose not look blocked still will not rev over 1500rpm. Looking like it may be the ecu?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Disconnect the battery for an hr ,then reconnect and do a test drive

then let me know if still the same or ran better .

Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Greg went for a drive would not go over 1500rpm so could only do 20kmph. I'm thinking the ecu is falty as can not code the injectors.
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Okay good, now recheck for malfunction codes .

Sorry did not get back sooner ,internet was out due to hurricane Ericka.

Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok still the same code p0611
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have another ecm turning up on a few days so wont know until then if problem is fixed
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Okay sounds good , i'm going to check the Nissan data base and see what i can find .

Greg

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Yes fuel injector control module issue .

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think it is the ecm? As we can not even entire the injector codes
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

This is what the injector control module is for , but to be honest not 100% sure if on your truck the two are in one or separate .

On the cars i know they are separate .

Greg

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi we put the new ecm in (2nd hand one) in and it still will not rev over 1500rpm and has the same fault code p0611
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Looks like the injector module is not part of the ECM ,as said above i was not sure if it was separate or

an alone standing injection module, which it sounds like to me it is .

When i did a search for the module i came up empty handed.

You will have to check with the dealer and see if they can get one for you .

Rgds Greg