Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

THE CODE GETTING ARE POO45 P2563 POO3A PO299 HOPE YOU CAN

Customer Question

THE CODE I'M AM GETTING ARE
POO45 P2563 POO3A PO299 HOPE YOU CAN HELP
CHEER PAUL
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With all of these codes here that are set and a broken wire found check and make sure all wiring is found o.k. on the engine and in the engine bay area.If there is any other wiring found to be damaged in any way it will need repaired to correct this here.If this is or was checked and all found to be o.k. let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do all the codes relate two, all the wiring was checked out and found to be OK
This happen's if i use my Hypertech power programmer 111
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Have you tried to clear out all of the fault codes then operate the vehicle and see which ones come back again or are these codes that keep coming back with this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have cleared codes but POO3A THIS THE FRIST ONE TO COME BACK,POO45 PO299 . P2563 IS A NEW ONE
Cheers Paul
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Code P003a indicates the turbo charger boost has not been learned into the computer.In some cases this code being set can cause all of the other codes to set.Try this relearn procedure and see if this corrects the fault and then clear out all codes and see if any come back and let me know.Code P2563 will also set with the turbo being unlearned.You will need a scan tool that has the function control to learn in the turbo.

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION The turbocharger (TC) learns the vane positions automatically during each ignition cycle. The (ECM) performs the turbocharger learn procedure automatically when the enable criteria are met. After each ignition cycle, and before the enable criteria have been met, the ECM will use the previously learned value. If the ECM does not have a previously learn value, it will default to a stored calibrated value. The ECM will use this value until the enable criteria have been met. It will then perform this procedure to learn the new value. If the ECM attempts to perform the learn procedure and fails, DTCs P003A or P2563 may set. The turbocharger learn procedure must be performed manually or with a Tech 2 when any turbocharger system service has been performed. Certain enable criteria must be met for the ECM to perform this procedure. The turbocharger learn procedure is required when the following service procedures have been performed: - TC vane position control solenoid valve replacement - TC vane position sensor replacement - ECM replacement - TC replacement - Any service that disturbs the TC components LEARN PROCEDURE IMPORTANT: Once the enable conditions have been met the throttle must remain at idle. Do not change the accelerator pedal position (APP) during this procedure. 1. The following conditions must be met for the ECM to perform the turbocharger learn procedure: - The A/C is OFF. - The vehicle is in Park or Neutral. - Start and idle the engine. - The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is more than 40°C (104°F). 2. After the enable conditions have been met and the engine idle is stabilized, enter the TC Learn Output function from the Engine Output Control Menu. Command the TC Vane Position Sensor ON for at least 5 seconds, then command it OFF. The system should have learned the new turbocharger position. The TC Learned parameter should have toggled from No to Yes.

Thanks Pete