Australia Car

Australian Car Repair Issues? Ask an Auto Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Australia Car

How do you remove the cylinder head from a 2009 hyundai

Customer Question
hi how do you remove...
hi how do you remove the cylinder head from a 2009 hyundai sonata that has a d4ea diesel motor,thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
8/14/2015
AU Auto Mechanic: Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
This process needs to be done by qualified personel. I will include the details:
- disconnect the negative battery cable
- remove the air filter box and tube getting to the intake manifold.
- drain the coolant, and remove the upper coolant hose (from upper radiator inlet to the cylinder head)
- remove the intake manifold and the fuel rail and injectors
- remove the side cover to remove the timing belt, or at least release it from the camshaft sprocket.
- remove the exhaust manifold, and move it a bit to the back to clear the cylinder head.
- Then remove the engine valve cover, and release the cylinder head bolts, give a few taps on the head and it should come off.
I will include the details, including the tightening torques, bolt locations, and timing info, so you refit properly:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Zgf4dbmODzM3J3N3ZJSE5fdUE/view?usp=sharing
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy
hi can you give me a detailed response on how to remove the injectors
Hello again,
- you remove the valve cover
- remove the connectors of the injectors and lay them aside
- make sure the area is cleaned (around the injectors) with a shop rag
- detach the fuel return pipes from the injectors
- use plastic caps to close or seal off all pipes, tubes etc..
- unfasten the fuel high pressure lines at the injectors
- unfasten the union nuts at the rail
- and you remove the injectors.
Regards,
Billy
Hi the problem l have with removing the injectors is that i dont know how to get to the bolt and bracket that holds the lnjector ln place.there are some black plastic covers near the injectors but i dont know how to remove them.your help here would be very much appreciated.thanks
If the plastic covers are separated, one near each injector (if those are the ones you're refering to), then these need prying out, they are held by clips, and inserting a screwdriver (flathead), and levering out, should unclip them.
the plastic covers that i am referring to are at the rear of the injectors but slightly to the left.how do you remove these and is the injector clamp and bolt underneath this cover thanks
Hello again,
Having the plastic covers, then the clamp should be uner them. As there are models where the injectors are threaded and screwed directly inside.
To remove the covers (having removed the valve cover), you need to insert a small flat head srewdriver uner and lever them out.
Get back to me with your findings, or if further info is needed.
Regards,
Billy
hi billy can you please tell me where you are getting your information from because i think all your info is referring to some other type of engine .the engine i have is a d4ea sonata diesel engine
I'm referring to the D4EA diesel engine. It is found on other Hyundai models, and there are a couple of variants. But the bloc, head, etc... are the same.
i have another question to do with the same d4ea engine.how do you remove the injector pump.do you have to turn the engine to line up any timing marks for when you refit the injector pump.do you have to remove the rocker cover before pump can be removed.does the pump run directly off the rear of the camshaft or is there another short drive between the two.do not bother about saying pipes and hoses and bolts have to be removed first.thats common sense. looking forward to response
I always turn the engine, via the crankshaft sprocket, to have the timing aligned before proceeding with any removal. However, in this case, on this engine, this is not needed.
I would remove the valve cover, and the pump runs directly at the rear camshaft sprocket.
Hope this is clear enough...
Billy
Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician