Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Won't start light on dash displaying a key with a line thru

Customer Question

Won't start light on dash displaying a key with a line thru it comes on,won't wind over.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
What you see on the dash is the computer letting you know the vehicle is in theft/security mode.This usually indicates the system needs relearned by a dealer or that one of the security components has failed needing replaced like the key or transponder.This will need checked having the fault codes checked and diagnosed to then locate and repair the faulty component.
Thanks Pete