Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

I have a 2011 Captiva 2.2 turbo diesel that loses power

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Captiva 2.2 turbo diesel that loses power whilst accelerating and when you back off and accelerate again the power returns. you can do this everytime.
there is no fault code logged.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

I work for Holden, so I'll try to help you here.

Is the power loss a complete cut (like turning the key off) or gradual loss for however long you have the pedal depressed?

Strange for no DTCs stored, did a Holden dealer scan the vehicle?

Gary

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey Gary,
No the engine is still running but it is like it just goes back to idle speed. if you release the accelerator and re-apply it it has full acceleration again. If you hold the accelerator constant it will loose power again. its almost like it looses signal between the accelerator and the throttle body.
Sorry Gary I should have mentioned that I own a small workshop in West Gosford and we have scanned it with a G scan.
One of my guys has just told me that there are 2 codes 067300 and 067400
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

Your DTCs aren't what I would normally see, but this may be the fault with the car if it has APP issues.

See attached file for P2138.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Gary, the customer has had to take the vehicle and is talking about taking it to the dealer. I will try to get the vehicle back to check the accelerator connections.
Expert:  Gary replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

If the dealer finds the owner's problem, then hopefully you won't need to see it again.

I hope I'm on the right path for both you and the owner.

Gary