Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

I have a 2006 gt continental and i am having trouble with

Customer Question

hello, i have a 2006 gt continental and i am having trouble with the rh rear window not going up and down,, it will move off the bottom around 50 mm and then stops going up.. the batteries were low, still able to start but when i tried cranking the window went down and will now not go up.. also when left for around three weeks when i start the car it stutters and misses and shuts down then on restart it will run ok..
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Billy replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
As for the missing after leaving the vehicle for three weeks, that is normal, as a coil might be locked or an injector stuck. Since it did correct itself, i would not worry about this.
As for the window, i would first try the reset procedure:
- click on the switch down, and hold, keep pressing for more than 10 seconds.
- click on the switch up, to close, and hold even if window moves, after it stops for longer than 10 seconds.
If that does not work, then i would first try swapping the switches, and then it would need to be accessed by a scan tool, to check the control signal from the switch, body control module, and the window motor and regulator assmbly, to confirm the culprit and correct as needed.
Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
Regards,
Billy