Curtis
Curtis, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  Qualified Automotive Mechanic, LPG & Airconditioning Diagnostic Technician.
29271542

Glenn, here, I have a car with a 5.0 mustang engine 1991

Customer Question

Hi Glenn,
Dave here, I have a car with a 5.0 mustang engine 1991 with a AOD 4spd auto (o/d)
It only has 3 positions, 1st-D-O/D
My problem is it shifts into 3rd way too early.
Hope you can help, is there a shift kit available ?
It's driving me nuts at low rpm.
It's all good if I give it a boot full but in a car park that's not ideal.
TIA.
Dave.
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Glenn Bradley replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave, it's Glenn here, I've been offline a few days, do you still need help you with your question, or have you already found your answer?
Cheers Glenn
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't had any success, even through forums.
Hi Dave, I haven't had much experience with the AOD transmissions.
I've asked the category moderator to pop your question in the transmission section so it will be seen by our USA transmission guys.
Because I can't supply the exact answer that you are looking for I'm going to 'opt out' of your question and open it up fresh for other experts to see. Hopefully one of them has encountered this problem before and can help.
If you reply it will lock the question back to me, please don't provide a rating until you're completely happy with the expert that you are dealing with and the answer provided.
Cheers Glenn