indy-tech
indy-tech, Australia Car Mechanic
Experience:  All import and domestic car repairs and diagnostics
29331485

Toyota Landcruiser: Glenn ,, I have have 78 series troopy,,

Customer Question

Hi Glenn ,, I have have 78 series troopy,, I have just had the engine light come on .. I was speeding !! Reading your post above it sounds similar ??
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi .
So many reason why the check engine light comes ON when the engine is running as the management system keeps a careful check on all system to make sure everything is running perfect for a nice smooth economical and clean running engine.
What you need to do to be 100% why the check engine light came on is to do a diagnostic scan of the management system for malfunction codes .
Working just from symptoms or from other car users where the check engine light has come on is a hit or miss and could cost you in parts not needed ,so a check for codes is a must ..
Now if you are a DIY man then i suggest you buy yourself a good OBD II scan /code reader . this will collect any malfunction codes in the system and from these code you will know what has cause the check engine light to come ON.
The scan / code reader you can get on ebay or Amazon ..
Example :
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XOBD+II+code+reader.TRS0&_nkw=OBD+II+code+reader&_sacat=0
So many out there, some you can use on your smart phone ,lap top or just a complete OBD II reader .
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg