VLADGMRU
VLADGMRU, Auto Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

Chrysler Grand Voyager SE: Problem with automatic transmission

Customer Question

Problem with automatic transmission gearbox of my Chrysler grand voyager Se 2004 car.
Faulty gear 3 & 4. Do I need to buy a new transmission box?
Category: Australia Car
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  VLADGMRU replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.My name is ***** ***** hear about your transmission issue.If your transmission does not work properly and you have shifting issues and trouble codes " gear ratio error in 3rd or 4th", then it is very likely you have an internal transmission failure and it either needs to be replaced or removed/disassembled/diagnosed and overhauled.First of all check for transmission fluid level in Park with the engine running and make sure it is not low, also pay attention to fluid condition. It should be pink to red in color without any burnt smell.Any dark color fluid would indicate a wear of transmission components like clutch plates etc.Please reply back if you need more assistance.Cheers.