Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Land Cruiser 80 Series: I have an 80 series Land Cruiser 4500

Customer Question

I have an 80 series Land Cruiser 4500 multi valve wagon production date of Feb 1995. I am looking at possibility of having towing capacity upgraded to either 3000kg or 3500kg as have purchased a van. I have done new Old Man Emu suspension and all bushes plus 50mm uplift. Is it possible to get this upgrade for towing? Thanks, Geoff
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I apologize as my info is limited on this model here.
You may have to upgrade the engine size and possibly the transmission all depending on how much towing difference you are trying to achieve from the vehicles actual tow specifications now.It would be best for an auto accessory facility to inspect to see if this is possible and what would need done.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Too hard, too time consuming and just not worth the effort.
All I get with the return emails is a whole lot of jumbled garbage and an ID number that does not seem to get accepted in any screen I go in to. Thanks anyway. Geoff
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.
Thanks Pete