Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota/Lexus expert
Experience:  30 + years experience with Toyota products
14892859

Camry 2004 MCV36: Drivers side Power window on Camry 2004 partially

Customer Question

Drivers side Power window on Camry 2004 partially operates but stops with window partially closed or opened. If I wait 1-2 min the switch can then be operated again and window will close or open completely. Problem occurs in both manual switch an auto pinch sensor modes. How do I tell if the motor has over current draw problems or some electric sensor is stopping circuit before damage is done?
Category: Australia Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today. It sounds like the motor is drawing too much current and heating up. There is a built in circuit breaker in the motor. You would have to test the voltage at the motor to be sure that it still has power when the motor is stopping. .Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Different expert here (the original expert you requested). My colleague is indeed correct, however, before we start tearing the door apart, lets try something completely different that might fix the problem
The circuit breaker that my colleague mentions only operates then there os excessive draw. Excessive draw (like a bad motor) can cause the circuit breaker to open. EXcessive draw can also be found when the window is prohibited form moving up and down freely. This can come form a variety of things; the main root cause is mud/dust/dirt/etc building up inside the channel where the window glass slides up and down. Before I went and tore the door panel apart, some liberal applications of a 100% pure silicone spray down the edges of the window with the window lowered. Run the glass up and down , wiping the reachable interior of the rubber channel with a wipey. If you start to see a black residue on your wipey, keep lubricating and wiping. If the problem is just dirt acting like brakes on your window glass, your problem will be solved by the propellant in the silicone, which will act as a cleaner for you. WHen the propellent dries, the liquid silicone will be left behind, continuing to lubricate the rubber. Hopefully, this alternative measure might work out for you,.If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.Thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry. Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer