Australia Car

Australian car repair Issues? Ask an auto mechanic for answers ASAP

Volvo 850: I have a 1996 Volvo 850 wagon and I'm changing…

Customer Question
Hello I have a 1996...
Hello I have a 1996 Volvo 850 wagon and I'm changing the factory sc811 head unit and am having some troubles
Could you please let me know what colours are what or do you have a diagram
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Australia Car
My new wiring harness only has
2 wires for front left speaker
2 wires for front right
2 wires for rear left
2 wires for rear right
1x Red 12V + Accessories
1x yellow 12v+ battery
2xblack ground
1x blue antenna
1xorange illumination
1xpink hand break
Answered in 7 days by:
7/27/2015
AU Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 3 years ago
Pete, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
In allot of cases you can obtain a wiring adapter kit from a local audio installer that will plug into your vehicles wiring and then connect to the replacement radio.If you have not checked into this I would see if this can be done.
If this was checked into contact an audio install facility to see if they can provide the wiring diagram info you need if possible as my info isn't showing the audio wiring.
Thanks Pete
Usually I do all my stereo changes myself, but the Volvo seems to have a lot more wires and different colours
My info isn't showing me a diagram for this here but usually you can obtain a wiring conversion harness from an auto electronics install facility to plug into your existing harness then it tells you how to wire it to the radio itself.
Thanks Pete